Who we are
Belarusian Institute of America (BIA) is a non-profit organization founded to develop and support research, analytical and community initiatives, and to expand knowledge about Belarus in the United States and abroad.
Belarusian Institute of America was founded in 2015 by former members of the Belarusian-American Association.
Belarusian Institute of America envisions to build and support an academic and expert community on Belarusian issues in the United States and abroad, and to create a stable platform for empowerment, communication and intellectual exchange between researchers and professionals of both countries.
- Create a platform for communication on Belarusian scientific, cultural, and charitable projects in the United States, and for cooperation between Belarusian and American scientific and cultural organizations.
- Create a forum for the professional community of scientists and experts on Belarusian Studies in the United States; facilitate and foster collaboration between scientists and experts from Belarus and the United States.
- Create and gather material and intellectual resources on Belarusian affairs from the sources in the U.S. and from abroad for supporting community initiatives which meet the objectives of the organization.
- Conduct research and perform analysis of current political, economic, cultural, scientific, and social relations between Belarus and the United States.
- Organize and support research initiatives and cultural events related to Belarusian issues in the U.S. and abroad, as well as promote the bilateral relations between Belarus and the United States.
- Organize and support events and initiatives aimed at broadening and deepening knowledge about Belarus, its history, culture, and traditions in the United States, and vice versa.
- Organize and support activities aimed at strengthening the identity and unity of the Belarusian Diaspora in the United States by creating a forum for communication and mutual support.